Current Trustee roles
- Member of the People and Infrastructure Committee
Current role on LGB of a PKAT school
- Chair of Governors of Middleton Primary School
Governor, educational and school leadership experience
- Middleton Primary School
- Chair of Governors and Chair of Finance & personnel committee
- Finance Governor
- New Governor Mentor
- Safer Recruitment Trained Governor
- RE Governor
- Head teachers Performance Management Governor
- Pay Review Panel
- Curriculum & Standards Governor
- Sports Premium
- Trained as a Cordon Bleu chef and obtained City & Guild 147 and 151.
- Worked in one of the restaurants owned by the Savoy Hotel Group.
- Did a 9 month correspondence course and obtained 5 O levels.
- Worked in a Solicitors Office in the Finance department but then trained as a legal executive and worked in the Family department dealing with divorce work
- Then started own business as a law Costs Draftsman and qualified as a Cost Draftsman. Ran the business for 21 years and employed 9 people.
- I have been Clerk to Thurlby Parish Council since 1988 and worked full time for Bretton Parish Council for 10 years to date.
Professional and education qualifications
- CiLCA (Certificate in Local Council administration)
- Member of the ILCM (institute of Council Management)
- Member of the Law Costs Draftsman Association
- City & Guild 147 and 151
- Community involvement
- Clerk to Thurlby Parish Council since October 1988
- Clerk to Bretton Parish Council since March 2007
- Clerk to Witham on the Hill Parish Council since March 2015
- Was Chair of the Local Children’s Centre at Watergall in Bretton, until it was closed.
- Help organise Bretton Community festival
- Chair of the Pyramid Community Centre Steering Group
Skills and expertise in relation to school governance
- School improvement
- Community engagement
- Social and community care