Current role in or relationship with school
- Current Chair of Governing Body
- Current Chair of the Finance & Resources Committee
Governor, educational and school leadership experience
- Co-Opted Governor since 2016
- Member of Finance Committee since 2016
- Health & Safety Governor
- Part of Headteacher Performance Management Review
- Completed Safer Recruitment course (not current)
- Recently Retired School Bursar with a large local Primary School
- 25 years with a large Insurance Company rising from clerk to the non life Accounts manager responsible for 50 staff. Was the company sports club treasurer and for two years was the local insurance institute area treasurer.
- Undertook company internal audits
- Managed and planned in house development projects including a complete business process re-engineering project
- After redundancy set up as a self employed contract project and administration manager and worked for Abbey National (relocating parts of the business to Bradford), British Gas (supporting their entry into the electricity markets) and Prudential IT (implementing co-ordinated plans across the various groups and teams). In addition I was responsible for producing the Year 2000 tender documents and for providing all the logistical planning support under the guidance of the external lead consults .
- Head hunted by an Australian software company to head up the European project office and leading the North American and Australian project offices in co-ordinated development of a resource database.
- After a serious illness I joined the The Beeches Primary School as the school bursar and had responsibility for finances, health and safety and maintenance planning
Professional and education qualifications
- . To GCE level.
- Project Management Courses with Pearl Assurance
- Numerous software courses attended in support of my various roles
- EX Cub Scout leader
- Ex Football Referee
- Skills and expertise in relation to school governance
- Former Local Authority trained Governing Body clerk
- Finance and schools finance procedures
- Health & Safety